1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Padova basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Tommy el Gato, May 13, 2010.

1. Tommy el Gato

Tommy el Gato

Jul 6, 2007
    The Cincinnati bass cellar currently has on its website a bass from a company called "Padova" that's a plywood bass with highly flamed maple. Looks nice, and they claim it's the highest quality plywood available and goes for just under 2 grand. But, searching this forum and google reveals nadda. It does look nice to me, so I'm tempted to go try it out, but I'd like to see if anyone here has any comments.

2. I think Shen ply's run around 1,500. They are tough to beat and I think Nick Lloyd, also in Cinci carries them. So if you try that bass out check out Shen too. Ofcourse, for under 3k I have a fully carved Shen in the classifieds... :)

3. N.F.A.

N.F.A.

Jun 25, 2009
    In a blue funk
    Nick Lloyd had at least two Shen's last time I visited.

4. Tommy el Gato

Tommy el Gato

Jul 6, 2007
    Oh, I'm fully aware of Shen's. I know two guys who've got 'em through Nick and I myself am quite impressed. I just saw this Padova on the Cinci bass cellar site and thought I'd ask around here to see if anyone knew anything.

5. I don't have access to flash at the moment so I can't see their inventory page, but given the name, you can probably assume it's a shop bass with the "Padova" name on the label to give the impression it is an Italian instrument.
    It could be from East Europe but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Chinese shop producing the bases with the Padova name for the Cellar. That's not necessarily a bad thing anymore.

6. SamTheAlmighty

SamTheAlmighty

May 26, 2010
    I happen to know a little info on Padova's, thanks to the guys at the Cellar. They were a bass company similar to Shen, with similar models, etc. The reason you can't find them on google is due to the fact that they were closed about last year or so. I own one of their carved panormo models, and it has been treating me very well for an aspiring bassist in high school. All I can say is that they are great basses, and that you should go to try it out along with the others.