Pandora

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by chaotick, Oct 16, 2006.

1. chaotick

chaotick

Aug 15, 2006
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    If you haven't been to Pandora.com, this is what it's all about:

You pick an artist or song and it finds other stuff you may like.

It's free [fairly inobtrusive ads] or pay, streaming [nothin to download], and I have been enjoying it a lot since I found it.

When the stuff plays you have the option of saying a) I like it or b) I don't like it and you can continue playing it or get a new song.

Try it out, I think it's pretty cool to be free.

http://www.pandora.com/

2. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Inactive

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    multiple threads on pandora recently, do a search.

A local DJ friend of mine was heavily involved in their initial research gathering, and they are doing some really cool things with their HUUUUGE databass of music/opinions.
    It is spreading and spreading FAST. Get into it NOW while it is still free and full of lesser known artists. I predict this will be the next mp3.com debacle, with all the great music being replaced mainstream shiite as soon as the record industry monster notices it as a source of publicity for their pap, and even moreso as a source of revenue since you get iTunes and Amazon links with every artist.

youtube and myspace are already being mucked with as we speak, and who knows what will be left when the big players get involved at pandora.

3. *listening to Pandora now*

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Pandora's been a constant source of music for me for quite some time.

5. Pandora is pretty awesome, they have a few bands on there I wouldnt expect to be there, just because I thought they were almost strictly local.

Where in NC are you?

6. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Riff-finder General Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Springfield, MA
    Pandora owns. I've found out about many, many bands from it.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021