1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Part with My Fender 300T for Shuttle 6.0?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CLMSHQ, Apr 5, 2009.

1. CLMSHQ

CLMSHQ

Apr 17, 2007
    Danielson, CT
    So I like the sound of my Fender 300T, Hate the weight!
    The sound is good, got it new for a steal 3yrs ago, gig out with it only about 2x amonth. Though I love GK's 1001's, I am considering of going to a Genz Shuttle 6.0 to power my Avatar 410 4ohm. Is this crazy, to part with an all-tube head just to with something lighter and has more tone control?

I try not to use the Graphic EQ on my Fender 300, but seem to get good sounds on one spectrum and not the other. Though it is my ultimate head, I am getting tired of lifting this into the venues. Not only that but replacign the tubes every 2-3yrs will add up to $200-300.

I watched the Bass Whisperer demo this on You Tube-Wow!

Is the GB shuttle worth it? :help:

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, I think it's crazy. I wouldn't do it. But I'm not you.

3. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    I had the SUNN 300T as well and I agree that the weight is defintely something to consider. This is amonster amp..... with monster Tone !!!!

I sold it and replaced it with a Little Mark II MarkBass...... would not want to go back to lugging the SUNN Monster ever again !!!!

4. joeyjazz

joeyjazz

Feb 6, 2009
    Chicago
    I just sold an SVT-4Pro and bought a Little Mark II. Couldn't be happier.

5. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    I'll buy the 300T off of you if it's a steal. ;)

6. CLMSHQ

CLMSHQ

Apr 17, 2007
    Danielson, CT
    -Why? What do you play through?

What is the reason you wouldn't?

7. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    It depends on how much you have to haul gear and what you have to haul it with. From what you're saying, you like the Fender, but it ultimately doesn't fulfill all of your tonal needs. If you like the amp, keep it and use for gigs where is is a better fit. the GB is worlds apart. Get an amp like the Markbass or shuttle and as an addition to your arsenal

8. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Like I said, I'm not you, so it doesn't really matter what I think. Since you saked, I use an SVT6Pro and Mesa 2x15 for gigging, and an Ampeg V4BH with a 15 and 210's for practice. The Ampeg is 100 watts all tube, and if I had a 300 watt all tube head, no matter the weight, I wouldn't trade it for a lightweight amp of any kind, for the tone. The Shuttle, though it gets alot of love, will not sound like the 300 watts of tubes you already have. I would rather schlepp the weight, then lose the tone. Simple as that. But, you may feel differently, many people do. (and, I'm not a young guy with a great back) The tone is more important to me than the ease of transport.

9. CLMSHQ

CLMSHQ

Apr 17, 2007
    Danielson, CT
    :smug: Thank-you. It doesn't help I am a gear junkie. I can make it work. No need losing more $!