1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Patch dump for multieffect pedals like the GT-6B,VF-1, ME-50B, and others

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Mar 25, 2006.

1. I notice that there a lot fo people who ask how to get a muse tone out of their *insert muliteffect pedal here* or the same for other bands/Bassists, Stu Zender, Cliff Burton, or RATM, and i was just wondering if anyone tried to start a thread (maybe stickied) where people could submit their "cliff tone" or "Muse tone" or anything like that, and then people could just copy the parameter settings into their multieffect pedal and then give it a go...

has anyone tried a thread like that?
    Should we?

2. Let's do it! :D

BP-80:

Distortion/Overdrive

Wah: Bo
    Type of amp: N8
    Compressor: F5
    Chorus: C1 (Optional. Use for a bigger sound...)
    EQ: Bass-7, Mids-5, Treble-3
    Reverb: Optional

Make sure you set the pedal to use the (AH) wah. If not, you'll get a high-mid/treble sound that is hard on the ears. You can move the pedal to get different sounds, but I usually keep it horizontal.

I don't know if you could use it in a band setting, but let it rip!

Dive Bomb:

Model of amp: N8
    EQ: Bass-7, Mid-5, Treble-7
    Chorus: Y3
    Delay: A1 with 35
    Reverb: Optional

Set the pedal to HY. It's a good distorted "dive bomb" setting.

Psychedelic:

Fretless: 25
    Compressor: F2
    Model of amp: R2
    EQ: Bass-7, Mid-5, Treble-7
    Chorus: P7
    Delay: P1 with 75
    Reverb: Optional (recommended)

Set the pedal for gain and have fun. Use the pedal for a good effect.

Wah

Wah: Cr
    Compressor: 07
    Model of amp: S2
    EQ: Bass-9, Mid-5, Treble-9
    Chorus: F5
    Delay: P5 with 35

Set the pedal to wah (AH) of course!

Have fun!

3. The best idea I have read on here in a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There needs to be a whole category setup for this.

4. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Second this one man.
    Wicked idea.

5. shaggysivirus

shaggysivirus

Feb 19, 2006
    Definitely, this is a wicked idea! I was hoping for something like this, this is why I posted a thread asking about my two multi-effect pedals and patches for them.

6. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    I would love to see under teh "Effects" thread, a sub-thread called "Effect Settings" (just for organization). Within "Effect Settings" a sub thread (a sub-sub thread ?!) for specific effect units (not necesarily multi-effect units.)

Such sub-sub's could continue (i.e. Effects/Effect Settings/Deep Impact/Boosty sound/) or (Effects/Effect Settings/ME-50b/Geddy sound/)

The irony here is that a lot of this is already in TalkBass. One should be able to search this. I ain't dissin' TalkBass but searching any database is hit and miss. It would be great to have posts from the past, with specific nuggets of information, hyper linked to such an effect sound organization.