1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Patches Switch - Boss GT-1B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by alencarlc, Aug 14, 2018.

1. alencarlc

alencarlc

Aug 14, 2018
    Hello guys,

Im very interested about buying this multi-effects, so far, i think it will help me alot when playing at home/live. But i need to know something about the patches switch(sorry, i dont have a store near to me to test it before buying), can i create my custom patches and save them on a "near" memory position, so i could switch between them using just a few stomps?

Thanks a lot for any little piece of information :)

2. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    Yes, that's the whole point of these gizmos. The downside is you have to go through the process of setting up and saving your patches (pre-set sounds), but once that's done you can scroll through them with a foot pedal.

Read the manual: :thumbsup:
    https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/GT-1B_eng02_W.pdf

I'm sure there are multiple YouTube videos demonstrating the sounds and programming for this device.

3. alencarlc

alencarlc

Aug 14, 2018
    Right, Crater. Thank you for that information.
    I got it. This doubdt just came to my mind because i read some replies on this post: Boss GT-1B ... Arrogant? Stupid? Definitely unusable live.

like:
    "In a nutshell, love the delivered sounds and potential for creating new ones, but am shocked at how unusable it is in a live setting. As far as I can tell, you have to scroll thru 100-200 patches one-at-a-time via dial or up/down pedals."

4. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Just put your favorites on there first patches and your set, taking a little time makes all the difference. It’s just not that hard.