1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Paul McCartney's P-bass!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by NightTripper, Jan 8, 2012.

1. NightTripper

NightTripper

Oct 20, 2011
    I just picked up a copy of McCartney II and in the inside booklet there is a picture of Paul holding some kind of P-bass, but the name on the headstock is blurred. Anyone know what bass this is?

I did a Google Image search, but couldn't find the picture, so I'm hoping someone else has the album and knows what I'm talking about. :meh:

2. Harper

Harper

Nov 10, 2001
    Not having the album I can't say for sure, but I know he played a Yamaha or two in the 80's.

3. NightTripper

NightTripper

Oct 20, 2011
    I think that might be it. Same inlays. Thanks!

(love that bass face of his. hahahaha)

4. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass Banned Commercial User

Jun 3, 2009
    Between Muscle Shoals and Nashville
    Bassgearu, Music Industry Consulting and Sales. Tech 21, NBE Corp, Sonosphere.
    Its a yamaha.

5. pbass2

pbass2

Jan 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Yamaha BB1200. I've owned 2 (one 'burst exactly like his).
    Amazing, neck-through P-style basses. Record like a dream. One thing that I really liked about them was the P-style pickup was flipped around the other way.

6. grenadilla

grenadilla

Aug 22, 2011
    alabama
    Has anyone noticed the guitar players ( with Macca ) never play a Fender guitar ?

7. paul&george02.

8. grenadilla

grenadilla

Aug 22, 2011
    alabama
    The guitar players in Paul's current group were playing a white Gretsch and a white Firebird at the December 2011 London show. Paul played lead on " Good Morning Good Morning " on the Pepper album. I had forgotten about that Fender Esquire-good picture!

9. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    You mean his band now, right? There's Jazz bass all over Abbey Road, strats on Rubbe Soul and George's Rosewood tele on Let It Be.

10. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    I believe it's a BB-2000, the neck through body model. I had one just like it back in the 80's. Beautiful bass, but the neck was too big and it had no tone.