1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

PayPal

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by BawanaRik, Mar 19, 2013.

1. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    Has anyone else had PayPal Issues? I just got a letter from them thanking me for opening a Bill Me Later account.

Except that I never opening any such account. I've been getting beat up by the robots that seem to be customer service lately.

My questions, I guess two.

Is it really cheaper to use the Robots to beat up on customers like me? I would feel better knowing there was a real live human getting paid on the other end of the whip. This could be a job for someone that needs it. I also think I'm not the only one who would like to talk to flesh and blood.

Come on and put a human face on your company.

And am I the only one that feels this way? If everyone else is happy getting abused by a nameless anonymous voice I'll take the hint and attempt to go Asimov and rocket ahead to the fifiies.

As an aside TB like any other organization on the planet needs fundage. Would the leadership consider opening a TB credit union?

I believe the ads we have as part of the TB experience are also generate fund. A TB FCU could not only expand the TB experience but provide jobs cousins, etc that need jobs.

Any thoughts on the matter?

I look forward to getting my TB Coffee Mug!

2. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Did you get an email or a real letter? If email, I'm guessing it was a phishing fraud, not really from PayPal.

3. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    You can rest assured that Paypal actually employs people. I'm not sure what "robots" have to do with the letter you received, but there are people there.

Opening a "credit union" requires a significant amount of capital and compliance with numerous regulatory bodies. I don't think you'll see Paul jump on that any time soon.

4. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    This was a real letter. But it didn't look very professional.

5. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    The robots are the devices that are supposed to answer route call etc.

They never seem to work right. I think the human touch would be better for everyone.

You're may well be right about the regulatory etc etc. . But I thought a Credit Union was a membership organization. Wouldn't that cut most of that?