Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pc and/or mac integration

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jedi, Aug 14, 2004.

1. jedi

jedi

Apr 11, 2003
    north texas
    I have seen people run instruments through laptops at shows, and am curious what the possibilities are with this, how this is controlled, programs etc. I wasn't able to find anything about this is in the searches i used, and apologize if this has been done before. Any info or better websites/threads would be fantastic. Thanks
    -Kyle

2. iam gonna be byeing one of those midi pickups for my bass some time soon. iam gonna be useing my m audio mobile preamp with it to plug in to my amp. iam also going to be useing reason for synth sounds. one of the best synth programs.

there a number of ways to use a laptop for effects. jpj uses a lab top to send midi singals to a rack effect unit telling it wat pret set's he wants to use. u can go a cheap way for a effects and use ones in garageband or acide or some thing. u can use cheap little vst effects. vst effect u can find for free on the net or pay money for them. theres a number of ways to use ur laptop and a effect pedal . u just need a good usb or fire wire preamp. theres a numbe rof ways to do . if u go synth way theres even more . pm me for more info. iam a mac and pc guy so i can tell u the best and worse of both

3. rotorheadcase

rotorheadcase

Apr 20, 2004
    Hey guys,

I've got a question along sililar lines. A lot of the stuff we do (and want to do) includes some kind of DJ's turntable effects. Is there any commercially available programs for PC that would allow us to duplicate those souns and feed them into the mix at the appropriate point in the song. I'm thinking along the lines of Incubus, Zebrahead, Crazy Town etc..

Warwickben you seem to know your way around propellerhead reason, is there anything like what I'm looking for on that program?

4. jedi

jedi

Apr 11, 2003
    north texas
    JMX, any thoughts, info, or sites to go to?
    -kyle

5. nemo

nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Czech
  6. jedi

jedi

Apr 11, 2003
    north texas
    Thanks Nemo, I'll spend a fair amount of time going through the site, take it easy guy.
    -Kyle