Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PDA Cellphones

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jobu3, Sep 14, 2005.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Anybody have one? I'm thinking of switching back to Verizon and getting one to use for work. Email and unlimited webtime with 1350 anytime cell minutes for $109 a month. I have to look into Sprint/Nextel's plans too although Nextel only has Blackberry phones which I've heard mixed things on with regrad to web stuff. I don't think that Cingular carries them but I have to look more into that too.

Anybody use one? What is a good unit? :help:

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I have owned a few over the last couple years. I had a couple old BB's, and one of the newer ones. I gave a Siemens SX56 a test drive for a couple weeks. I did not like any of them to be honest.

The BB's were the nicest of anything I used. The ones Verizon sells are pretty good as well.

-Mike

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I have the Treo650 and love it. Used the Treo600 also.

What would you be looking to do with the smartphone? I have a co-worker with the color blackberry, while he generally likes it I know he's a bit irked with the software updates Blackberry send. Apparently it plays havoc with his outlook syncing.

If you have any questions ask away...

4. deftim69

deftim69

Jun 11, 2003
    Treo 650 all the way. The best of both worlds. Great phone and very easy to use pda.

5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I have a therapy practice that has two other workers besides myself. We all have day jobs outside of it. We are going to get a simple website for advertising and I was hoping to have a private forum for us to communicate to each other and for scheduling to avoid over-booking the two available rooms we have and minimize miscommunications and phone tag. I also do most of the ordering and such for our materials which is easiest online. I need to be able to check my email, send email, check and post on the website, and access the office voicemail. If I can do this with one gadget that can also act as a planner/organizer for my other crap, great!

I heard the Blackberry's are difficult at best with web stuff but are great for just email. I'm really not all that computer savvy to begin with so the simpler, the better if at all possible.