1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

peavey 8x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bearfourstring, Apr 26, 2010.

1. bearfourstring

bearfourstring

Apr 26, 2010
    I have a PEAVEY 8X10 cab. with a 200watt peavey head. I would like to build a 2x10 cab. for practice, with 2 of the spkrs. Any thoughts? Parallel, series too many watts? Or a link to a sight so I can understand all this.

2. I'd say just buy a Peavey 2x10 instead of butchering the 810.

3. Yeah, you're not just going to be able to pop the speakers in and out of the cabs whenever you have a gig. Just get a new cab. If you're just hanging out in your bedroom, you can get a hold of the new Acoustic cabs at GC for really cheap, or you can keep an eye out for Craigslist finds as well.

4. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    Right , just get a 210TX used . They go for around $150-200 at the local Music Go Round here and are good sounding cabinets , just like your 810 .

5. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    If each of the 2x10's are separated by a sealed partition wall.
    You can cut the top two off, and attach a piece of plywood where one needs a partition wall. There's always a guy in the neighborhood with a big saw that can help with this.

You'll have a 2x10, and a 6x10 you can mix and match with.
    No Resale value - but it might be what you need.