Peavey Amps Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by darkrider1, Jan 9, 2009.

1. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Nope, no VB 3 here...but I am thinking about a tour 450 head and a tour 2x10 cab...or maybe the TVX 2x10....ah dreams....

:D

2. I'm currently playing my Max 700 head through an Ampeg SVT 4x10 cab (and sometimes an extra 1x15 cab). It sounds good. Clean & loud as hell. It's definately not a lightweight rig though :)

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Max 160. Peavey amp - Eden and Fender speaker cabinets. Quite a motley combination, but it sounds pretty damn good.

[​IMG]

4. I also have a Max 160. It didn't quite have the volume for playing out, so I've turned it into a power amp for my little rehearsal PA system:

[​IMG]

It pushes my voice out through two little 60 watt PA speakers.

5. Bassforyourface

Bassforyourface

Dec 17, 2008
    i have a tnt which i've been using for about 5 years, and while it's done me well, i'm ready to move on. i'm probably getting an avatar cab, but i'm DEFFINATELY considering the Peavey Tour 450 head. it's a great price, and it seems as solid and reliable as all peavey stuff.

6. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

Peavey T-MAX Head and Peavey 412 TVX here....pure thunder

TheRealKong likes this.
  7. I'm going to have to try one of those VB's with the glowing blue light as soon as I can.

8. bassninja7

bassninja7

Mar 1, 2008
    Napoleon, OH
    http://www.myspace.com/publicface
    im in.

OP post #s

mine should be here next week, VB-F'n-2

9. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Well, I've got a Peavey DPC-1400X power amp that's been gigging in my bass rig since probably 1998 or 99. 14 pounds, 1400 watts 4 ohm bridged. Single rack space, never a hickup even when brutality is the course of the night.

Then there's this PA graphic EQ that detects where the most energy is, for feedback purposes, which I don't use in my bass rig for gigging because it's in the PA racks. But since it shows what's going on in a signal I sometimes do experiments and it gives me more an idea what's going on - so it's in the same rack at the time of this shot. I also have a few other Peavey things in the PA, including a VSX 26 Speaker Management System. It's all KEEPERS.

[​IMG]

jazzbass_5 likes this.
  10. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Oh, yeah: I have a Peavey Max preamp with the footswitch as my backup (I gig with the Roland V-Bass as my preamp most of the time) and occasional practice preamp. After I got the Max just to check it out, I sold my Alembic F1-X - because the Max not only could sound like the Alembic, but it could sound other ways too. Made a couple hundred dollars + back there ; }

nomeX likes this.
  11. Peavey Bass Amp Club as of 1/10/09

#1 Darkrider1
    #2 ProfGumby
    #3 FunkyFlashFive
    #4 Would'e
    #5 Heath_the_great
    #6 Chris Breese
    #7 greenbass5
    #8 gregbackstrom
    #9 peaveyuser
    #10 prizefighter
    #11 OxJohnson
    #12 mv209
    #13 andvari7
    #14 WalWarrior
    #15 megadethjohn
    #16 Jaymi
    #17 TSanders
    #18 Curtybob
    #19 stuonbass
    #20 Philbiker
    #21 Bassforyourface
    #22 bassninja7
    #23 greenboy

12. Regarding the Tour 450. I tried one, it sounded great. I'd definitely also try the Tour 800. For just a little more $$$ you can get all the power you will ever need.

13. 100_2740.jpg

the nitrobass has served me well for about 5 years, i think the line out is shot and ive had a couple scratchy pots here and there, but all in all it is a great workhorse. i also use its little brother the deltabass at practice, same deal. the cab is VERY old and has upgraded speakers in it, but has stood the test of time. it has some frayed tolex at the edges, but no peeling. not that heavy either with neos in it.

very solid rig that sounds killer.

jcerio likes this.
  14. I'm in, I have a Combo 300 and am look for a Pro Bass 500

(pics later)

15. GreaserMatt

GreaserMatt

Sep 4, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    100_3100.gif

All I have right now is this tko I picked up cheap... anyone have a grill they'll sell???

16. Wow Johnny Mack, you have no need for Tolex, do you? :)

17. Firebass 700 & Mark VIII XP:smug:

18. Got some pics? We'd love to see them.

19. Finally!:hyper:
    IMG_0791.1.JPG

I'll get a picture of the Mark VIII soon.

Attached Files:

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021