1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

peavey dyna bass unity LTD pics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BIGBEE, Apr 17, 2010.

1. BIGBEE

BIGBEE

May 27, 2006
    hi i just got this bass yesterday and all i can say is wow!, :hyper:i know peavey makes good stuff, but the quality of this bass just blew me away, i belive its a 1987 LTD model dyna bass unity, correct me if im wrong you peavey gurus, but laminated neck through body,flamed maple body wings, active electronics, ebony fingerboard with oval abalone? neck inlays. wow!! i keep waiting for the cops to show up because i feel like i stole this. well enough rambling . i know the rules no pic no bass. so here ya go,
    [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG]

2. Seems to be the early TL-5 without Super Ferrites. Good buy.

3. "Wow!" is right!

Those are great basses, but from Peavey you can expect no less!

4. ajish4

ajish4

Dec 19, 2003
    Stuart, FL
    Excellent!

Congratulations! I've been after one myself for a while now....

Looks like a beauty!

5. bamba22

bamba22 Commercial User

Dec 24, 2009
    owner of beginner-bass-guitar.com
    Wow, she is a beuty

6. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Excellent excellent basses. Light in weight, high in quality, and undervalued.

7. BIGBEE

BIGBEE

May 27, 2006
    thanks for the comments , i just put on a set of TI flats , and lowered the action, now she plays like greased lighting!

8. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Well, except for the only four strings. If there had been a TL-4 made, it would look like this.

Congrats, great score. That bass is STUNNING!

That's definintely newer than 87. In 87 the unity Dyna Basses were Koa. That sculpted headstock design dates that bass to the early 90s. I'm sure that was built in the same shop as the TL-5 and TL-6 basses.

9. Congrats on your new bass. That was the bass I traded to Guitar Center. The bass is actually a '88 model. They were made from '88-'90. I picked it up a few months ago at a pawnshop for $149 with a killer case. I didn't want to trade in the case so I put it in a padded case. The $299 you gave for the bass is still a killer deal. Here's some other pics of your bass.Hope you enjoy it BIGBEE.:D

IMAG0141.
    IMAG0140.
    IMAG0143.

10. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Congrats.. nice bass.. once the neck is plekd it will out play any of my botiques.. please PM me if I can be of asistance.

===
    Never seen a trans pink unity -- funkdalishus

11. alchemy

alchemy

Jul 25, 2004
    Italy
    Comgrats! I have the same bass, seerial #0000002 :bassist:

[​IMG]

Great bass, great deal! :hyper:

12. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    USA Peavey is the most underappreciated story in electric bass (or at least in the top three!)

That bass is gorgeous!:bassist: