1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale/Trade Peavey Foundation 5 - Killer Jazz JB MIA Black'n'maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by krovx, May 30, 2018.

1. krovx

krovx Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Bought this awhile back from here and I have always been impressed with the MIA offerings from Peavey, whether it be the Foundations or Furys, etc. Just prefer other instruments in my stable and no longer need to keep this around for a bass with just flats, as my primary is sporting flats. Currently strung with roundwounds. Black and Maple.

This one weighs about 8 lbs and 13 oz, so its easy on the shoulder. Great action and playability. Moderate and reasonable wear for its age. Currently has German Loxx straplocks as all my instruments do but will put standard straplocks on there. Includes a worn but functional Fender gig bag.

The pots and input jack were quite worn so I replaced them with a mid level, Korean made, Volume, Balance, Tone harness. In retrospect I would have gone with a higher quality unit when using a balance as they can add a bit of noise due to cheaper parts, etc. Pots are a Blend, Volume, and Tone, from neck to body. CTS pots and orange drop. This was a bit of a chore. I shielded the cavity and added copper foil to the back plate. The plastic input jack holder was replaced with a metal one. (never understood why Peavey used plastic ones.) Noise is significantly reduced...hard to notice.

Will offer free shipping to cont USA so please consider that when providing offers. Thanks for looking! More pics available upon request, I struggle capturing black instruments.

IMG_20180325_145026. IMG_20180325_145053. IMG_20180325_145105. IMG_20180325_145115. IMG_20180325_145157. IMG_20180325_145210. IMG_20180325_145323.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018 at 2:46 PM
    G RICH 5 and RobertUI like this.
  2. krovx

krovx Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Multiple PMs replied. Thanks for interest and offers. Keep them coming in!

3. krovx

krovx Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Trade interests: Darkglass pedals, MM style sweet spot bass, warmoth parts, wenge or exotic necks.

Prefer instruments under 9 lbs.

4. MarkA

MarkA *** Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Neat. What is the scale (I seem to recall 35" on these, but I could be wrong), nut width, and string spacing?

Also, dig your sig, which we often see only in abbreviated version on parti-colored bumper stickers. Quoted here for appreciation and attribution (and appreciation of attribution)!

"All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

5. krovx

krovx Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Thanks Mark!

This one is actually 34" scale. Nut width is 1.75" and string spacing is tighter 16.5/17mm.

Very nice bass for the money. Plays well and the neck feels great.

MarkA likes this.
  6. krovx

krovx Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    After upgrading the electronics I am just so impressed with the quality of this bass and its great tone. The low B is exceptional on this 34" scale at this price point. If you are looking for a great Jazz 5er with tighter string spacing, it would be harder to find a better value.

G RICH 5 likes this.