Peavey Fury Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ShallowBayXI, Jan 4, 2015.

1. So... I was really bored last night... And I randomly bought a used Peavey Fury bass from guitar center with little to no info on it, immediately after I bought a MIA Strat. Don't ask. Can anyone tell me about these basses..? I paid $250 for it.

Attached Files:

mark beem and Aqualung60 like this.
  2. davedblyoo

davedblyoo "All the mayhem and none of the sticky mess."

Nov 15, 2012
    Augusta, GA
    You did pretty good. Poplar body underneath that Olympic white paint. You won't be able to channel a P Bass on anything else for $250 and made in America. Jazz width neck if I recall correctly I had a Forum, which was the PJ version of this bass and liked it a lot. You probably won't need anything more than new strings and a set up to get this baby going.

3. Alright, great. Sounds pretty neat, excited to get it. I'll post pics and whatnot once I do ^^ Are these things considered vintage?

4. Hmmm Peavey Good.

That's all there is to it. You got a good price, probably at least 10% down from the going rate.
    You'll be hard pressed to find another MIA for that price.

5. I was very very surprised to see an MIA instrument for anywhere near that price...

6. furym

furym

Aug 31, 2014
    Carthage, NC
  7. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Jan 22, 2012
    Garner, NC
    Yeah, its a P bass with a jazz neck. I'm a peavey guy and love all mine. You did alright on price, but if you like it, it'll surely be intrinsically worth 250.

comatosedragon likes this.
  8. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Dec 13, 2013
    On a Hill
    Congrats!

My Fury is a 1987 model with a Duncan SPB2 (hot p pickup)....really great build quality overall but the lightweight is a real plus in my book.

I honestly haven't heard many P basses I like better.

9. Hmm.. Well, I'm excited to get it. Hopefully it's playable out of the box, because I can't afford a setup.. I do have strings however.

10. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Gold Supporting Member

Oct 12, 2014
    Rockingham VA {616}
    Love the neck on the Fury! I have a '91 -- It's soooo light, the neck is amazing (I already said, I know). I swear, this thing almost plays itself.
    I'm sure you will find your money well spent.

11. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    That is the exact model of my first ever bass.
    Peavey is a great score.
    I just got a 94 Peavey Fury for christmas.
    This bass is absolutely fantastic!
    Just a dream to play.

Attached Files:

12. devinp17

devinp17

Jun 26, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    I think if you looked a little longer, you coulda found one for a better price. But they're great basses!

13. I know that pic is beyond awful, but I don't actually have it yet, anyone know what year it was made? All I know is in the 80s. Is the headstock the one with the word fury in a large font? And err, are these considered vintage?

14. TimboZ

TimboZ

Jan 4, 2009
    South of Buffalo
    Love my Fury...Have over 12 basses and the fury gets played the most.

15. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Flossin'? I thought your name was Munson!

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Hipshot
    My best guess would be early 90's, not 80's. You can look the serial number up online and get an exact year.

16. RED J

RED J Lol

Jan 23, 2000
    There were three basic tribes of Furys, from the pic yours looks like a late 80's Shapelier body with and early 90's Block logo neck, and cheaper hardware. I am aware there are some transition instruments, looks like this one took parts from generations 2 and 3. A pure generation 2 has the top quality hardware like the "T" series, and more stylized headstock graphics. Third gen body looks like a P that has gotten too big around the middle. ;)
    FYI, first generation wasn't a P at all.

ShallowBayXI likes this.
  17. They are great basses and 1 of the few lighter weight Peavey's. $250 is a little high for them, but you got it at GC so better quality assurance than CL. The best P bass for the $$$ in my opinion.

18. sii.pepenk

sii.pepenk

Jun 3, 2010
    Indonesia
    got my Peavey Fury few days ago and i make a video of it, check this out

19. Doctor Hugocat

Doctor Hugocat Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Good score! I have the exact same bass in that color and I love it. It's a keeper, no matter what. GREAT slim neck, not too heavy, fine build quality. I put a Bill Lawrence P46 PUP in mine but honestly the original was very good: I just wanted to try the P46. Enjoy! A MIA bass for an unbeatable price. :bassist:

20. RED J

RED J Lol

Jan 23, 2000
    Fantastic ! You showcased the bass and what IT can do. You should be doing reviews.

Doctor Hugocat likes this.