1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey HB2

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by marob, Mar 15, 2013.

1. marob

marob

Apr 18, 2005
    Wisconsin, USA
    I just picked up one of these, and I'm very very pleased. It's a little noisy(hiss), but otherwise fits my needs.
    One thing though: to anyone who has used this unit, is your limiter knob backwards? When I have the limit knob all the way counter-clockwise where it says "off", it is apparently full limiting. The sound is dull and the led is illuminating almost constantly when I play. When I turn the knob all the way clockwise, the limiting is removed, and I get a full, unaltered sound. This seems totally backwards to me. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

2. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
    That does sound like the control is functioning backwards to the way it's labeled. Did you buy it new? I'm wondering if a pot was replaced with the wrong type. But as long as it works properly I guess there's no harm done. Just treat it like a threshold control where a lower value means more limiting.