Peavey Millenium 5 Plus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Sep 27, 2005.

1. I've done a number of searches and read some post on the Peavey Millenium 5 Plus, but I still have some questions. How heavy is this bass? What's the string spacing like? How wide is the neck at the nut? I know it's a 35" scale, but does it have a nice tight B-string? How does this thing compare sound wise to a lakland Skyline 55-02 (or could it compete sound wise with a 55-94)?

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

It has 3/4" spacing at the bridge. And a great B string.

I prefer the tone of it to the stock Bart setup in the 55-02 and 55-94. But I prefer the optional Duncans in the Lakland to the Peavey pickups.
  3. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    It's not heavy at all IMO. More than likely around 8 to 9 pounds.

Not sure about the exact measurements but the Millennium Plus has a Hipshot Type A bridge that allows the string spacing to be adjusted.

Again, I'm not positive about the exact measurements but I will try to get back to you on that.

Mine has a nice usable B. Are there basses with better Bs? Probably but there are certainly basses with a lot worse.

I've compared mine with both the 55-02 and the 55-94. There are some similarities in tone. All three are extremely versatile. It competes more with the tone of the 55-94 to me but I did like the 55-94 that I tried a little more. I did not feel bad about going home with my Plus 5 after the trial especially at the price that I paid! :) The construction quality of the Plus 5 is better than the 55-02s that I have tried but a little less than the 55-94s.

You're Welcome!
  4. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Never tried a Lakland, so I can't speak for that. THe Millennium has a fine B string and is very well constructed and finished. I went back and forth between a Stingray 5 and the Millennium and decided on the Peavey. For me, it had more tonal options and a better B. I do believe it's lighter as well. The resale value, which I would take a beating on, makes it easy for you to pick one up at an attractive price.
  5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Soundwise, the USA Millennium 5 is very similar to the Lakland but it does not have the coil splitter. Still, it has great electornics and gets some really nice tones. I really love my SR5, but looking back, I could have just kept my Peavey and saved the money I spent if I had judged it purely in terms of performance. Oh well, GAS is a monster!
  6. bgartist

bgartist Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    The USA Millenium is a fine bass. It is relatively light. It has a variety of good sounds. It has 19mm spacing at the bridge but the usual tight Peavey spacing at the nut (the main reason I sold mine). It is very similar to the Lakland 5502 but has an alder body opposed to the Lakland's ash body.