Peavey Millenium AC BXP 5-String

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lowendblues, Aug 8, 2005.

1. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    What are the reviews on these?? Look decent, supposed to have Cirrus pups and electronics. Anyone got one? Just looking for a inexpensive 5.
  2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    They are decent, well-made basses. I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

3. Very well made, very versatile for the price too. I own a passive Millenium, but have contemplated getting an active 5 string version a few times.

In my opinion, I would would hold out, and look for a Fury or even a Cirrus BXP if it's in your budget. I think the Fury's go for 350-400 and the Cirrus BXP is in the 500-600 range I believe.

No matter what any of us say, remember that it's up to you to make the decision or not, play it yourself, and pull the trigger if you like it!

4. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    A Millennium BXP was my first bass. Not as nice as the ACs, but decent for the price. I still have it, I de-fretted it. Sometimes the tone of those cheap pickups is even appealing.
  5. Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    I got mine with not a mark on it for $139 on Ebay. I've seen new instruments on music store walls with more marks on them than this thing.

The thing sounds great, stays in tune better than any bass I've had and is everything I've been looking for. I needed a solid, good-sounding workhorse bass and this thing more than fit the bill.