1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Millennium 4 BXP

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Basicplayer, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Basicplayer

Basicplayer

May 8, 2013
    Today I played a Peavey Millennium in a pawn shop.

Peavey Millennium 4 BXP

The top string only had a phase sound to it. It really sounded bad to me.
    The lower strings sound fine. The neck is straight and it all played well but that top string sounded awful.
    I turned the individual pick ups off and that string still had a phase sound.

Does anyone have any idea what would cause that string to play a dual tone sound?

2. Basicplayer

Basicplayer

May 8, 2013
    I guess not

3. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Sometimes that is caused by a twisted string. You can sometimes feel the twist when you run your finger along the length of the string. A bad string can also be the cause but in my experience that is more rare than a twisted string. I don't think it would be the pickups based on the information provided.

4. Basicplayer

Basicplayer

May 8, 2013
    I was thinking about taking an old string down there and replacing it to see.
    A bad string is all I could think of.
    Probably can get this for $175.

5. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I see these all the time on the used market. Another one will crop up if you pass on this one.

6. Change the strings and you'd probably be fine.