1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey TKO 115 - pre out pwr in problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JetToughlove, Feb 8, 2016.

1. JetToughlove

JetToughlove

Aug 23, 2012
    Hi all
    I'm not at all technical.

I have an old beast (above) that intermittently stops outputting sound unless I close the loop between the (patch) pre out and power in by plugging a jack lead from one to the other. Any suggestions?

Plus I wanted to DI from by bass amp and need advice in how best to do that if the above can be fixed?

Cheers
    Pete

2. Clean the Pre out and Power in jacks with Deoxit,an electronics cleaner.These need cleaning occasionally to keep the contacts good,especially the Power in.

3. JetToughlove

JetToughlove

Aug 23, 2012
    Thanks - I'll try that....

4. Remember the secret with contact cleaner is just a little squirt. Less is more in this case. :)

gfaulkner likes this.
  5. JetToughlove

JetToughlove

Aug 23, 2012
    Ok cheers. I've seen small tubes of deoxit (gold?) for a few quid or cans for 25. Any recommendations?

6. You have a choice of solutions,5% 25% or 100%.The higher solutions should be used sparingly.The 5% is used for flushing corroded and gunked up stuff.I think the Gold variety is for gold plated parts,such as on computers.