1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey TKO 60 vs Peavey Databass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kultovbelial, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Kultovbelial

Kultovbelial

Mar 14, 2021
    California
    I just got into playing bass a couple weeks ago and I am loving it. I will be playing with a drummer so I read I needed a 120W amp for that at least. Although I found this Peavey TKO 60 for $80. Many users from this site say they will keep it for years is loud and they have used it in small gigs. Consequently, I decided to go for it and got the amp. I feel very happy with my purchase; however, I checked the market again and found the Peavey Databass for only $50. Did I make a good purchase, any comparison between the two, pros and cons? Thank you guys.

2. mindwell

mindwell

Aug 17, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    That's a good deal on the TKO, but $50 for a Databass would be an AMAZING deal. It's a legendary sleeper of an amp.

Big Shrek likes this.
  3. Kultovbelial

Kultovbelial

Mar 14, 2021
    California
    I am proud that I did not spend over a hundred on it, but which one would be better in this case though?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  4. BOTH!!
    Might as well start your stack now.

5. 808State

808State

Dec 30, 2020
    Both are great amps

A Databass with the Black Widow is a lot of amp.
    I forget the wattage, Geez I think its around 400 watts or something.

Would be much louder than the TKO

We are still talking single 15" combos.
    But the Databass will push a Widow as far as it can go.

6. And usually a fair bit further It's not uncommon to find Databasses with replacement speakers, they have a reputation for destroying the stock BWs. Luckily, there are plenty of modern replacements that are up to the task.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021