1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD PEAVEY TL 6 STRING AND HARD CASE

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jstringer, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanting to sell my TL 6 string.
    Its a USA made bass, neck-through body, dual active P bass pickups, black to purple holograph type paint, very pretty. Bass is used with some scratches, mainly on the back of the bass but the thing still is very pretty. Case looks almost brand new.

Probably similary in tone to a Cirrus but a little more attitude in my opinion. Its very punchy for a neck-through bass. I bought it on chance I would explore my "jazz' inspirations and turns out I didn't care to learn "6" string. Just to much for me. My loss, your gain!

I am asking $550 shipped with case, or BEST OFFER. No trades please. my personal email is john-stringer at hotmail.com also if you have trouble getting a hold of me from talkbass as I travel a lot and on the go. But email me and I can give a cell phone number as well to reach me! Also see my other bass for sale: Warwick Rockbass Corvette Fretless 5 string:bassist::bassist:

2. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Pics?

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    +1,000!:hyper:

4. Pics coming tonight!!

5. S Lewis

S Lewis

May 23, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    i hope this is still available when my tax refund comes in next week :ninja:

6. front

Attached Files:

7. back and back of headstock

Attached Files:

8. more pics. The scratching on the back doesn't show up like that in person, they are a bit illuminated b/c of the flash.

Attached Files:

9. pics

Attached Files:

10. Dluxe

Dluxe

Jan 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    The color is called Eerie Dess Blue (crazy spelling is intentional and it's a play on iridescent)

I had a 1990 DynaBass Unity the same color and this is what A.J. at Peavey said about the finish. Great price on a very cool bass bump!

11. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Whoa!! I've never even heard of this color before and now I see a TL-5 and a TL-6 in this color, both on TB, TODAY!

COOL!!

12. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Yep seems I just bought it's 5 string little brother! :bassist:

13. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    I SO want this bass! But I just can't see myself relinquishing my Cirrus 6. Nor can I see having 2 6-stringers. At least, not right now... :crying:

14. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    How much does it weigh, anyway?

15. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    I'm going to tell myself it weighs 11 pounds and then quit reading this thread! ;)

16. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS

Jan 26, 2008
    Knoxville, TN
    Emailed you

17. On hold for the moment.. Ensuring that parties are happy.:D
    Stay tuned kids!

18. Hi guys!
    For those of you that know about this instrument, it shows that I need a special Peavey wrench to adjust the torsion rod? I do not have this wrench.

What are my suggestions to ensure the torsion is in good working order before sell the bass?

19. Eric Swaim

Eric Swaim GOD, U.S. MIlitary, Country Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Call Peavey up and order one for $18.00 seems high but better than not selling for hundreds more. I ordered one for my Peavey T40 and worth every penny of it, matter of fact it will stay with me in the bass tool box (forever!!!)

20. Eric Swaim

Eric Swaim GOD, U.S. MIlitary, Country Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Murfreesboro, TN
    is the string spacing 17mm or less??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.