1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey TNT 115 question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by greybyrd, Aug 31, 2008.

1. greybyrd

greybyrd

Aug 31, 2008
    Jackson, MS
    Some idiot (not me) broke the in-line low-Z jack on my TNT 115. They also broke 2 of the spacers that hold the circuit board down to the amp frame. Then they tried to tape the low-Z jack back on to the face with packing tape!!!! Isn't this jack in-line, and doesn't it have to be least on the amp for it to work, or can I just leave it off? Thanks in advance. Peavey's web forums are "being upgraded." Also, where can I get a detailed wiring diagram for a TNT without buying it? The owner's manual just has a block diagram.

2. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    I presume your TNT fires up and you can play a bass throught the Hi- Z input? I wish I could give you a better answer about the low Z. I think it should be inline but I'm not going to say it's the gospel truth. Sounds like you'll have to wait for Peavey come back on line with the forums to track down a detailed schematic. If I can find any info I'll post back.

3. greybyrd

greybyrd

Aug 31, 2008
    Jackson, MS
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I had loaned the amp to my Church, and some kid evidently tried to plug a low-Z cord in without lining up the plug to the jack. He just kept pushing until the jack broke off inside the amp head. I pulled it apart, and they had tried to tape the jack back on, but the screws holding it to the face were snapped off, and the solder points were broken. As long as the solder points are making contact, the amp works. But, when the jack was still taped on (and I didn't know it), the amp would short out for no apparent reason. I've removed the amp head from the cabinet, so I haven't tried to run it without the low-Z jack. I don't want to damage it any more. I wish Peavey would get off their butts.

4. srasnick

srasnick

Dec 9, 2008
    Where can I get a wiring diagram for a Peavey TNT 115 bass amp? Replacing the speaker and old one was out so I don't know which wires go where.

5. toobalicious

toobalicious

May 6, 2008
    triad, nc
    are they blue and yellow? if so, yellow is positive.

6. greybyrd

greybyrd

Aug 31, 2008
    Jackson, MS
    Thanks for the wiring info. I put the thing back together, but it turns out there's a lot of other problems. I started a new thread about it. The pre-gain knob just spins around and doesn't do anything, and the amp loses power after a minute or so. The EQ knobs spin around, too, but after a couple of turns the speaker will pop, the limiter will go red, and the power will come back - but only for a minute. I'm totally confused. I don't know if the amp is blown or the knobs are just shot. Seems like all I've got now is an expensive, heavey 15" speaker enclosure!

7. toobalicious

toobalicious

May 6, 2008
    triad, nc
    i posted in your other thread. it sounds pretty fubar, but it might still be worth fixing. does yours have the black widow? the one i had had a 1502-4 ohm, which is a great speaker. worst case, you can sell the speaker itself for $80-100 on ebay. i liked my TNT115, but i never fell in love with it. it was generally loud enough for what i used it for, but tone shaping was a little awkward (though i am truly not a fan of graphic eqs anyway). and it was so damn heavy (solid particle board), but only had the wee little strap handle on top. mine is on consignment in a local store as i type.

8. greybyrd

greybyrd

Aug 31, 2008
    Jackson, MS
    toobalicious - Naw, no BW. Just the standard 15" speaker. When I bought it, I thought the BW was the standard speaker for TNT's. I traced the serial number of the amp through Peavey, and it's a 2000 model, even though I bought it "new" in 2002. I'll learn better one of these days.....