1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavy Tour 450 or 700?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by clutebass, May 6, 2010.

1. clutebass

clutebass

Jan 15, 2010
    Cincinnati
    I'm planning on coupling it with the Peavy TVX 410 but my question is, is it worth the extra 80 or so bucks for the 700 or will the 450 work?

I will be using it in a country southern rock band with two electric guitars using nothing bigger than half stacks, and an acoustic guitar and drums. And then me. I just want to make sure I have enough head room and to me if the 700 is gonna be worth the extra bucks I'd like to know why since that's the way I'd probably go.

Thanks guys!

2. Bass4lyf

Bass4lyf

Nov 1, 2008
    Sydney
    I have a 450 and in my opinion it has enough head room and volume, im in a hardcore band with guitarists who have valve quads (they dont always crank it though). If you can afford the extra for the 700 I would. The reason why I didnt go for the 700 was simply because I couldnt afford it. I do find that with my 450 I have to crank it to about one or two oclock for good volume with the band, at about 3 oclock I run out of headroom and it starts to clip. You may not need the 700 though. Hard to tell with out actually being able to see your band live.

3. Time Consumer

Time Consumer

Jan 27, 2008
    Joliet Ill.
    I have the 450 and it does just fine, I dont turn it up past 12oclock anymore after getting a better bass that cuts more. tho I only hafta contend with one guitarist, he is loud enough to say that I think you'll be fine in a rock group with two guitarists.

4. Chris Sheaffer

Chris Sheaffer

Jan 30, 2008
    I have the 700 and play mostly small venues, it's nice to have the extra headroom when playing outdoors. I run it with a TVX 4x10 and a 1x15. Personally, it's better to have maybe a little too much amp than not enough.
    Good luck

5. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    absolutely the 700

extra power on tap is always the way to go--whether hunting or amping

6. clutebass

clutebass

Jan 15, 2010
    Cincinnati
    I've read a bunch of negative reviews just a little while ago about clipping out at high volumes. Have any of you guys experienced that or has that problem been fixed... It's making me paranoid

7. Get the 700 if you can.

I've had mine since the start of January and have loved it since. It is paired with an Avatar 2X12, and it sounds great.

8. Get the 700. I had the 450 and it was too quiet for me.