1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedal board done?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by my07bass, Dec 6, 2011.

1. my07bass

my07bass

Aug 27, 2008
    I think it's done. Ya right!

Attached Files:

2. DeadPoet

DeadPoet

Jun 4, 2003
    Belgium
    Very cool board and looks complete (to my taste in bass fx).

I would add a heavier type of dirt which you can mount on top of the wireless I think. My choices would be some heavy disto (my pick:Marshall Gov'nor II), something muff-a-like (my pick: EQD Hoof) or something Fuzzface-y (my pick: ZVex Mastotron) - all three of my suggestions go well together with a mild sansamp setting I think.

Herwig

3. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    very nice board!

4. my07bass

my07bass

Aug 27, 2008
    On each of the effects I like just subtle changes from a clean sound.

What I like best about the Sansamp is I don't loose any bottom end when engaged. I have all three channels programmed but are still dialing them in.

You would run a distortion on top of the Sansamp? How's that work/sound?

5. CPplaysBASS

CPplaysBASS

Mar 17, 2007
    Ontario
    I have the Black Label Chorus on my board too and it's staying there. Love it. It took the place of an EBS MultiChorus and I couldn't be happier.

I have the POG and MXR BEF too actually!

Was a constant two year journey but my board has remained the same for several months now, and really happy where I ended up (although I sometimes miss the "journey part of it ... learned lots ... mainly to do my own thing and not get too caught up on TB hype!!! LOL)

6. my07bass

my07bass

Aug 27, 2008
    My POG works great but I'm actually thinking of changing my POG out to the MXR octaver. I'm not a huge fan of the upper octave.

Mostly my OCD just wants me to have it match my other MXR pedals. :)

7. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Are they ever really done...

8. DeadPoet

DeadPoet

Jun 4, 2003
    Belgium
    I think we are in search of the same sounds: I have a big pedalboard but most of the time people don't really notice me using the effects (except on soundschecks when I'm looking for new patches and soundscapes :D). Worth mentioning is that I never use blenders and quite often get compliments on the 'solidness' of my sound, never losing any bottom end, even when using a lot of stacked effects. If I find the time I'll make a vid/demo of my board using all my most used combinations.

For example the guvnor sounds very ballsy on its own (esp with neck pickup) but the sansamp on it's mildest setting makes it a little more 'modern' sounding.

All my non-sansamp dirt is before the BDDIp, essentially making it a sort of ampeg-iser.

Chain: bass -> mastotron -> deep impact -> ebs octabass -> BMS -> EQD Hoof (muff) -> Guv'norII -> 105Q -> EHX Enigma -> BDDIp -> EHX Freeze -> Line6 M9 -> CEB-3 -> Aguilar compressor.
    http://www.gyraf.be/herwig/Pedalboard v3.1 - 2011 (Large).JPG

Herwig