Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassist6464, Jun 17, 2004.

1. bassist6464

Jun 12, 2004
    hi theres a pedal called rogue Rogue WV-201 Wah-Wah Volume Pedal it has volume overdrive and wah wah and its for electric guitar can i use it for bass or will it sound wrong or have issues casue i want that pedal cause it 30.00$ but its for electric guitar so what Do.
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

1- Any music gear with the word Rogue written on it should be approached with extreme caution, unless there is Alembic right next to it.
    2- Guitar pedals usually don't work too well with bass.
    3- 30 $ isn't even the price of a decent single effect by itself, way less a combo.
    4- A comma from time to time can't hurt. ;)
    5- 30 bucks is not so much so I guess you could give it a try. Don't be expecting too much though.
  3. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    proceed with caution for all the reasons listed above.'s $30 so if it ends up being some unbelievable "find" you can come back here and tell us all about it! :D
  4. I thought your dad had a wah wah pedal that was really expensive? Why not just use his?
  5. tim99

tim99 Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    On, Dunlop Cry Baby 105Q Bass Wah Pedal and the Morley PBA-2 Bass Wah Pedal are each $99.99. If you want a good wah for bass, that is the starting level. Yes, I said starting level. Anything cheaper is a copy of the Dunlop with cheaper components and workmanship.

But, the cheap wah pedals do wah, and if that is what you want to experiment with and have fun with, go for it. The cheaper pedals are usually not smooth, not quiet, and shift the sound of your bass because of the loss of low frequencies.

Welcome to talkbass.

6. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Come on... Grammar.. Pleeaassee.. Use some!
  7. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Hey don't forget moog!..