Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedal output REALLY low! Help!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nocturnal, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    I picked up a Snarling Dogs Blue-Doo pedal today, and when I get home and plug it in, the output is almost dead quiet. Quiet as in no real sound coming out. I tried it along side my Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive and with a Rocktron Black Jack boost/distortion pedal. Both of the other pedals put out an assload of sound. I put in a new battery (actually tried two just in case the first was bad) and the eye's light up like they should, but next to nothing in the output department. When the pedal is in bypass mode it allows the other pedals to work. All I really get out of it is slight hissing.

I tried plugging it in by itself first so I could experiment with it and thats when I realized it wasn't working. Tried both an active and passive bass with the exact same results. Anyone have any ideas/tips or suggestions to try before I return it? All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Andy

2. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    If you got it at a local shop, take it back and see if you can't get an exchange. That sounds like a defective product.

If you got it online, email the site and arrange for the same thing.

3. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    Turned out it had a wire come loose from the gain pot. Good as new now!!!! :D