1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

pedal power 2+ and pedaltrain JR - what the???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by daimler, Dec 6, 2011.

1. daimler

daimler

Sep 18, 2011
    I am about to mount my new pp2+ under my pedal train jr and it seems that the way it is meant to go, according to the youtube vid, means that you don't have access to the SAG control knobs. The Sag knobs run up pretty much against one of the support beams of the PT... you'd have to use a pair of pliers or demount the powersupply to get at them

is this the way its meant to be???

AM i missing something? Seems pretty lame...

2. ricknote

ricknote

Aug 3, 2006
    Nashville
    You have it upside down. The dip switches should face down.

3. daimler

daimler

Sep 18, 2011
    i've got it with the switches facing down...

what am i doing wrong???

some pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Source Audio BETA tester
    You have the PT Super Junior, you don't want that model!

I'm screwing with you. :)

5. daimler

daimler

Sep 18, 2011
    thanks for your insightful juices Gastric.

can anyone who actually knows comment please???

6. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    urm...... lol. relax dooder. Gastric's just being his silly awesome self. even threw in a "just joshin'" AND a smiley face. and like Charlie Murphy said, ******* LOVE Smiley Faces.

well, looks like you can still manipulate them. they're just a bit awkward and recessed. can you move them back and forth?

huh. never mind. i just looked at mine (i've only mounted mine on a PT-1 and PT-2), and you're right. pretty durn inaccessible. i've never used the sag controls on mine (don't have anything i want less voltage to) so i never noticed.

not the greatest design. 'specially with cables plugged in, you REALLY can't get at them. is that something you planned on using a lot? looks like with the right mounting you kinda..... can't.

7. daimler

daimler

Sep 18, 2011
    thanks for the confirmation behndy,

i'm not a dipswitch then...!!!

i got a bunch of od's and fuzzes i would like to try, to see what happens.
    don't know if i will use them ongoing but kinda thought i'd be able to dial the voltage and hear the result without too much fuss...

apologies for venting my frustrations...

i did remember my please and thank you's though

8. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    naw. just pointing out the Gastric is one of the good ones. save the vitriol for the turds on here that deserve it.

they're here. oh yes, they are HERE.

....... i guess try them out without the PP2 mounted and see if you like the saggy boobies? and if you do i guess you're gonna have to stay at one spot.

but you're right. it's a crappy design. weird. never even noticed that.