Pedaltrain mini vs nano plus

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BrandonBass, Jul 24, 2018.

1. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    it seems like the mini is discontinued,but I can still get a used one.deciding between the mini and nano plus.anyone with experience with both can share which one you prefer?

2. I use the mini and I wouldn’t swap it for the nano plus. I like how it’s slightly deeper and as the extra row of metal, I feel like my top jack pedals might get damaged on the nano without that extra bit of board

3. azfatboy

azfatboy

May 11, 2016
    I have the nano + and I love it. For me it depends on whether you want/need/expect to mount a separate power supply or just use a daisy chain. If the former, you are pretty much stuck with a mini. But if you have a relatively simple pedal layout, with power requirements that can be satisfied with a daisy chain, then the teeny form factor of the nano+ is pretty sweet... I have no issues with cables sticking out the top on my board, but if I had top-mounted power jacks, my right-angle daisy chain would still eliminate any concern.

I wouldn't trade my nano+ for a mini... :)

PBnano-17-09Sept.jpg

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    mam1862 likes this.
  4. BeauZooka

BeauZooka

Oct 2, 2007
    Seattle USA
    I have a Nano and a Mini. I prefer the Nano because I don’t really need or want the deepness of the Mini.

Stumbo likes this.
  5. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I have two nanos and two minis :)

It's not really a question of which is better, but which will fit your needs? What are you planning to put on it? What power supply are you planning to use?

6. Peter Cattaneo

Peter Cattaneo

Oct 2, 2018
    I’m not the original poster here, but say that a person is looking for a pedalboard that can undermount a power supply (any power supply of good and reputable quality). What would you recommend? Cioks DC5 claims that it can fit under the nano+ and mini, but I’ve heard suspect things about their products.

7. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    What are you looking to put on it? There are lot of options out there these days.

The Truetone CS6 will mount under the Metro series, Nano, and likely the Mini series. There's not much else out there that will fit unfortunately.
    I want to say the Strymon Ojai will too and possibly some of the Gigrig stuff. I don't have any experience with either of them though.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021