1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

PF115HE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RC52, Dec 31, 2011.

1. RC52

RC52

Apr 10, 2010
    Laurens, SC
    How good are the PF115HE cabs with the PF500? Is the setup strong enough to be a main rig ? My GC does not have the cabs and won't get them until I buy them :(

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Well I'm using the PF350, but as long as you're not looking for stupid loud 810-type volume, one PF115 could get the job done for you. Certainly does for me, although I bought two because that's how I roll ;)

3. You could get the same thing at MF with holiday discount and no sales tax.
    I have the PF-210 and really like these sealed Ampeg cabs.

S

4. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    I'm also an owner and fan of the PF115 cabs. They can go deep and low if I really want but most of the time, they'll be running well within their capabilities with just enough low bass to be heard under everything and no extra EQ'd in. My bass knob stays around 9 or 10 o'clock on my PF500 and I never run out of headroom. I'd just say they span the range of Ampeg tones in a way that I like more than most of their cabs.

Oh, and even though I generally don't like tweeters, these cabs will do some killer slap tones if you toy around with your settings. I was surprised!