1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

phasers

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by roflol, Jan 25, 2008.

1. i have a ehx small stone and its pretty obvious it doesn't have a true bypass cos when i put on my overdrive you can hear it quietly in the background, but anyway any recomendations for something fairly small with a similar sound?

2. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    UK
    erm...ehx nano stone?? smaller and true bypass, sounds exactly the same as a normal stone apparently.

3. haha aye that never occoured to me thanks! was wondering if catalinbread still made there phasers and if there any clips about?

4. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    I'm really getting tired of saying this, wiki, wiki, wikki, wiiki, wiicki.

:p

5. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Witwicky? :ninja:

6. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Are you trying to sneak it onto an airplane or something? :eyebrow:

The Nano Small Stone is already small enough, I think. :p

7. i2k

i2k

Oct 31, 2000
    Indonesia
    If you're into DIY stuffs, I recommend Ross Phaser clone which has fairly similar design principle with Small Stone. I've made one myself and with very small modifications it works great with bass (active & passive). Most of the DIYers are agree that this is better sounding & easier to build than Small Stone.

8. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    the EHX Stereo Polyphase can cop the small stone vibe but then do WAY more. Enjoy the funkiness of the Stereo Polyphase. It will Funk you, and then Funk you some more

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021