Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Phish

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by lesterson, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Isn't Les Claypool the bassist in phish? or am I just crazy?

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    You are stark raving mad, Les Claypool plays in just about everything other than Phish, but Mike Gordon played bass for Phish.

3. hieronymous

hieronymous

Nov 28, 2002
    Northern CA
    Les Claypool played in Oysterhead, which also had Trey Anastasio, who was the guitarist in Phish. But oysters aren't fishes, they're mammals.

:bag:

4. right...you might have been thinking of oysterhead...geez that band should have been a lot better than it was...one of my favorite bassists, teamed up with one of my favorite guitarists...it looked so good on paper

5. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    You might have also been thinking of Primus. Maybe.

6. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    Hey trooper Farva...

Love the name, meeow!

7. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    You're just crazy - although he did sit in with Phish once or twice.

8. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Oyster head =ego block :eyebrow:

9. hieronymous

hieronymous

Nov 28, 2002
    Northern CA
    I actually liked Oysterhead! I was lucky enough to see them at the Greek Theater, before I even knew anything about them (other than who was in it). I bought the album the next day, and I felt like it matched the feel of the concert pretty well. I like the weird spacey Trey tunes like "Radon Balloon".

There's actually some cool stuff at the oysterhead website - a couple of mp3s the Stewart Copeland put together from live shows, and a few videos, including one with the "whamola" and the weird antler-guitar whose name I can't remember...

10. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    I just wont except or enjoy anything that Stewart Copeland does because he is supposed to play drums for me and he just doesnt know it yet! :eyebrow:

11. Phish should have played 'the Song that Doesn't End.' It is more fitting to the the 'jam band' format than any song I can think of.

Also, they should have done their version of James Brown's version of Hanson's 'mmmbop' far more often. that was good.

12. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Well. Oyster Head featured Les, Trey and Stewart Copland. Then there was the Sausage years with Les and back and forth with Primus. Mi ke Gordon has always been the Bass player for Phish dating all the way back to 1983 when the all started in Vermont... :eyebrow:

Cosmic Railroad