1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Photo Manipulation

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Lazylion, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    I see these big beautiful photos of other TBers' basses, multiple basses in one shot, so big you have to scroll up, down, across to see, but when I try to post mine, which have been cropped to the bone and show only one, I get told they are too big. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to get them down to the right size? I confess ignorance on this. My computer has Picasa 2. Maybe I'm using it wrong? It worked for my avatar.. ?? :help:

2. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Ahh, Picasa is the issue. Picasa has a built in feature that prevents the user from hosing their photos. When you change the picture in Picasa, it doesn't manipulate the photo itself, rather it creates a new file that is filled with information about the changes you made to photo, so that the next time you look at it in Picasa, it shows it with the changes you made. But the original file remains intact.

So, go back to the file in Picasa, with the changes made, and then do a "Save" and create a new file with the changes made. Then upload that file.

I hope that helps....:)