1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Unable to Duplicate Photo uploads getting error message

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ed Fuqua, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Both when I try to post in a thread and when I try to post in an album.

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Can u give more details? Just says "error"?

3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    I'd send you a screen shot, but I can't upload images :)

I get a red bar that reads "The following error occurred" and then the message "There was a problem uploading your file"

They are kinda big 3MB and larger....

4. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Ahh, thanks. Hmm, well this shouldn't be a problem though - the limits are set at 20MB. Can you try uploading a smaller file to this thread, just to test?

5. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    testing 3.8MB image Aerial09.

6. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    testing 6.5MB image NaturePatterns01.

7. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    It's weird, I just tried posting a small (98KB) file with no problem, but the same 3meg that I posted on Facebook loads to about 9% and then I get the message.....

8. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Maybe try disabling the Flash uploader. To do this, hover on your username at the top, click on "preferences" and then deselect "Use the Flash-based uploader to upload attachments". Be aware you won't see the graphical upload bar with the Flash uploader turned off.

9. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    @Ed Fuqua How's the image uploader doing now?

10. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    I don't know, I gave up and just linked to a photobucket...I can give it the old college try now.

11. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    No joy, and actually it's taking a very long time to upload to photobucket. It might be a firewall issue at this end....