Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Piccolo

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Titan, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Titan

Titan

Feb 21, 2006
    I'm new to the forum so I'm probably asking some of these questions in the wrong place...Anyways I've been thinking of turning my bass into a piccolo (buying new strings) and was wondering if the tension would be bad for my neck and would I be able to plug into a guitar amp?

I've been looking for a new bass amp for quite some time but I like the sound of being plugged into a guitar amp (and I would save a lot of money) but I don't want to set up an amp underneath it to handle the low because of the distortion.

Any information is appreciated.

2. Should post this thread into the bass section.

Anyway I turned a bass into a piccalo without any neck problems. just remember you have to adjust everything.

You can use a guitar amp, but it sounds better with a bass amp........naturally.

3. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I would have to disagree about the guitar amp/bass amp thing. I think a guitar amp might be the thing to make it stick out a bit on a recorded track. Try any nice guitar amp, and remember, they don't need to be 600 watts with 4x10s to be heard. A 50 watt tube combo would do you wonders, probably.