1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pick up - mic mixing

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Itsjestme, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Itsjestme

Itsjestme

Aug 29, 2007
    I would like to mix the signals from my pickup (Fishman B100) amd my mic (EV308B) before going to an amp. I've checked out the Berhenger XENYX 802, and Spirit Folio. Any suggestions?

2. larry

larry

Apr 11, 2004
    Florida
    If you don't mind spending a tad more, you could get a Dtar Solstice blender/preamp. I don't remember how much I paid for mine - maybe $300 or so.
    Subjectively, I think the Solstice sounds a lot better (I did try some small mixers like you describe). Maybe someone more tech-savy can describe physical differences.

3. bolo

bolo

May 29, 2005
    Apex, NC
    I am hardly tech-savvy ... But unless I am doing this wrong, the specs for the XENYX 802 state that the line inputs are 20 Kohms. I could be wrong, but I would think the 10 Mohm inputs like those on the Solstice are gonna work a lot better with the BP-100, unless you already have another preamp to buffer the pickup.

According to the Soundcraft web site, the Spirit Folio is not in production and is no longer available.

The D-TAR that larry mentioned also has phase reversal for each channel, something I never really use but others do. And lots of output routing options. Of course it costs 5 times as much as the XENYX.

The Solstice has a good sound, IMO.