1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pick up Upgrade Question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by biohazed, Oct 31, 2013.

1. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    I want to upgrade the stock passive BC Rich P-Bass Pick Ups in my twin P Warlock Platinum Series with actives. I like EMG pick ups, however I'm not sure which series would be the best for this bass, I play mostly Hard Rock and Metal. Anyone have any suggestions for new pups for this beast? The don't have to be EMG but i do prefer EMG's. I was also thinking about replacing the bridge with a Gotoh bridge. would this be a good idea?

2. I love the standard EMG P pickups, and I think they would be a great choice. It still has much of the same "character" (ie uber quick attack and present top end) as the EMG DC pickup, but with a rather more controllable bottom end, and slightly more present mid-range, which does help you sit in the band mix rather better. All IMO etc.

3. philvanv

philvanv Gerbil Turds, Kitsap County Turd Core

Jul 2, 2012
    and at the bottom it says thank you, and now you can shag off
    I agree with this. I'be used standard EMG PUPs from 1980something to 2013. I've always played hard fast music and the EMG's never let me down.