1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

picking a 4x10 bass cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MystiC PreditoR, Jan 6, 2013.

1. MystiC PreditoR

MystiC PreditoR

Jan 6, 2013
    Hello my name is joey i have been playing bass for about 18 years on and off but i have a swr workingman 4x10 cab thats 8ohm im wanting to go to a4ohm but i have got 3diff makes i like. that is mesa swr and markbass im having a tough time on picking i play in a hard/heavy metal band just need help with what kind of cab be best

2. IPYF

IPYF

Mar 31, 2011
    For metal?

Mesa. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

3. MystiC PreditoR

MystiC PreditoR

Jan 6, 2013
    ok and thanks for the reply much needed and mesa was what i was going for just needed more input before i slapped a hunk of green down and what head would u prefer

4. Definitely Mesa. There are usually alot of Mesa Road Ready cabinets available (used) for great prices... and for your head, well, that can be a million things!

5. MystiC PreditoR

MystiC PreditoR

Jan 6, 2013
    I will do some searching thanks for reply

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Out of those cabs I'd go Mesa. Add Ampeg in there and it's a different story ;) The Goliath cabs aren't bad either. They're too bright for my tastes but some metal dudes like that. And really you could play metal on Markbass cabs as well. But if we're picking the most ideal out of your picks, Mesa.

7. Proraptor

Proraptor

Apr 19, 2012
    Swr goliath

8. MystiC PreditoR

MystiC PreditoR

Jan 6, 2013
    Thanks jimmyM im going toward the 600 watts mesa powerhouse and a M6 carbine the swr i have now is ok im playing an ampeg head dont remember spec on it. Im just not real sure if its the cab the head or both but everybody has tol so far mesa and i need to plug up another mesa an jam on it again

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021