1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Piezo PU's - Schaller vs ABM vs ebay cheapie - opinions?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Cieran, May 6, 2010.

1. Cieran

Cieran

Aug 24, 2009
    UK
    After a lot of deliberation (and reading) I have decided I am going to upgrade my bass with a Piezo pickup. I have checked out all the major players and I have narrowed it down to these 3 options. This is mainly because as I am in the UK and both Schaller & ABM are in Germany - it is easier and cheaper for me to order from Europe rather than the US.

I have attached some pics of the Schaller & ABM alternatives and the cheapie ebay one can be found here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chrome-4-stri...vr_id=&cguid=5fb237771280a0aad4e1d6a1fff74f00

I have gone through all the posts regarding Piezo pickups but I could do with comparisons on these particular types if possible. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Cieran

Cieran

Aug 24, 2009
    UK
    Anybody?

3. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    From what I gather it's mostly personal taste / aesthetics.

ABM for quick load...I'd say ABM wins by a nose.

4. Adam Harzuf

Adam Harzuf

Nov 16, 2004
    Israel
    The Schaller 3D bridge is the only piezo bridge I know that allows string spacing adjustment. I'm probably going to buy one and will keep you posted.

5. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    The Hipshot/Graphtech Ghost bridges allow some adjustments to the spacing, as well.

6. Adam Harzuf

Adam Harzuf

Nov 16, 2004
    Israel
    That's not what Hipshot told me in the reply I got from them this week.

However, I found that ETS makes 3D adjustable piezo bridges, beautifully made, check them out.