1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Piezzo Horn Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SurferJoe46, May 12, 2010.

1. Don't giggle - please.

I wonder if there's a way to add a pot or rheostat to the Piezzo horn on my B-210 and maybe the B-410 too at the same time.

The network is prolly not inside the cab as this amp is inside the top compartment of the amp/cab combo. At least I don't remember any network in the big box - but I wasn't really looking for one last time I was in there anyway.

That would mean that the network or power for the horn is coming direct from a circuit on the PC board - right?

Last time I looked there were two pairs of wires from the upper chamber where the amp is and goes through a sealed hole into the main cab. One pair to the parallel 10-inchers and the other pair to just the horn.

There is, however an ON/OFF switch on the back of the amp itself. Could it be possible and without a LOT of trouble to add some volume control for the horn verses that two options (ON/OFF) it has at the mo?

I imagine that a Piezzo horn doesn't require a lot of power - but I've been wrong before. That's where my thinking has me going to a volume pot or so.

I don't think I miss a potential volume control - but that makes me just want to mod SOMETHING to get a little more control.

I gotta stop tinkerin'. Any thoughts?

My gas comes from controlling things ---- or lack thereof.

2. Yes, it's possible. You'd need a rheostat called an 'L Pad.' But you'll need to have some idea how much power it'll have to deal with in order to select one.

3. 3506string

3506string

Nov 18, 2004
    Lawton, OK
    I'm not 100% on this but I don't think you can add a L-pad directly to a piezo tweeter because of the nature of how piezos work compared to regular tweeters. I think you would need to add a resistor across the piezo then you could add a l-pad no problem. Check out this forum.

4. Copied - printed and file saved.

Thanks!