Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pignose B-100V

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dougb256, May 27, 2005.

1. dougb256

dougb256

May 22, 2005
    On the farm
    Hey folks,

I'm curious as to why there is so little talk of this amp here. My GF may have found one for $350; if so, we're jumping on it!

-Doug

2. people buy things by pignose?

3. dougb256

dougb256

May 22, 2005
    On the farm
    Have you looked into it at all? Designed by Dennis Kager, for starters....

4. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    If that is the tube bass amp, I remember reading a few postings about them a couple of months ago. Very favorable postings.

But I can't remember who they were by.

Try searching, I bet you find them.

:D

Joe.

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I picked one up off ebay for just over $150! :D:hyper:

You can read about my experiences and the experiences of others (mostly nonsqtr) in this thread.

Pignose B-100V

6. dougb256

dougb256

May 22, 2005
    On the farm
    $153????? WOW! Lucky lucky lucky :hyper:

The one I'm looking at would live in the studio, so 100 watts will do just fine....

Thanks for the thread - very informative!

-Doug

7. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin' Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    I recently bought a new Pignose G40V (for g**t*r and harp) and the weak point was the standard speaker (not surprising, at $220 for an all-tube amp!). I replaced it with an Eminence Ragin' Cajun and it brought that little space heater to life. I would guess that the same transformation would occur with the B100V...in fact, if I hadn't just bought an Ampeg B100R, I'd be really interested in the Piggy. Spend $60 on a new speaker and I'll bet it'll be the cat's g-string. There's a ton of mods available online, too.

8. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    The Pignose is a nice amp, but has a really crappy stock speaker. You'd do yourself a favor to replace it if you decide to get it.

9. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Any suggestions on specific replacement drivers, or other links to mods for the B-100V? I know that new tubes made a world of difference.

Tom.