1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pignose Hog-30 Audio?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FoamieOmie, Apr 8, 2009.

1. FoamieOmie

FoamieOmie

Jun 18, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    I am thinking about getting one of these and was wondering if anyone knew where I can find some audio of one being used, preferably with an acoustic bass but any audio would do. Can't find one at a music store here to try. Also, any thoughts on this amp would be great. Will be used primarily to keep up with 2 acoustic guitars, a mando and a banjo.

Thanks!

2. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    great for playing at low volume in my apartment with my highway one precision bass

fun and portable, of course it's not as loud or as deep sounding as my 200 watt marshall ibs combo

the battery lasts forever, i have had it for over 6 weeks and haven't had to charge it again

sounds like my old 10 watt 60's sears ss amp (nice classic tone)

amazing with my girlfriend's epiphone sg

need to keep the treble down or i can hear my fingers on the strings
    (this was even more apparent when using my 903 blue tube pedal)

the sound through the headphones doesn't sound all that accurate/true for what my bass sounds like unplugged or through the amp

a compromise: there are better sounding practice amps, but they cost 3 times as much money and don't look as cool