Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pimples.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jackmurray, Feb 27, 2006.

1. How do I get rid of/prevent 'em?

At the moment I'm washing my face morning and evening with soap, and I was using pimple cream, but that doesn't seem to help, and in some cases makes the pimple/s bigger.

2. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Fact of life buddy, some get a few, some get a lot. If they are bad, like bee stings the dematologist can give you something, but other than what you're doing it's hormones.
    Frustrating, they show up at the worst times too.
    Oh, stay away from nuts and chocolate. Those are killers.

3. I heard that fatty/greasy foods aren't so bad, but sugray foods have a bad effect because they inhibit vitamin A intake which clears your skin or something.

Mine aren't that mad. I just get some around the mouth and nose. I was just wondering if there was anything I could do.

4. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    You can go to the Dermatologist, they have stuff that will dry you out, but they tend to have side effects and restrictions. I know it bothers you, but if there is no bad scarring going on, I'd just keep my face clean and watch the oily foods.
    I went through it and pretty much had a few all the time. Can't tell now. My daughter the little brat never got more than a handful the whole time.

5. seriously, that proactive stuff works, i ended up getting two 3 month supplys from a friend and the damn stuff works magic... if you do it twice a day and use the toner and lotion you really will notice a difference. and i had no peeling or cracking like i did with other creams like diferin gel and the like.

the good thing is too that if you do stop using it, to an extent the repairs dont go back, i ran out of the face scrub (its got exfolients in it so its a scrub not a soap) but i still use the lotion with regular bar soap, and im not as clear as i was, but much clearer than before i started using it

Note: i also just turned 20 and hormones are dying down, but i still believe that proactive helped a LOT!

6. Sometimes you can get outbreaks just before you get your period; maybe that's the problem.

7. I'm pretty sure that's not the problem.

Does regular bar-soap help? How often should I use it? I've heard that if you use it too much it will dry you up or something.

8. I wouldnt use soap dude. Or anything that dries ur face out. Your skin can tell its dry, so it tries to produce more oil, hence, as you said, sometimes making them bigger. I started a pimple thread when i signed up a couple of years ago, and ive still got them.

I wash my face with clearasil each night when i shower, and then i apply nivea moisturiser. Mainly around the corners of my mouth, and nose. Most common place that i get them the worse, and it looks like coleslaws when it got really bad when i was younger.

I'm seriously considering trying pro active now. I had a couple of friends who went to dermatologists, but didnt use anything, because of the side effects. Diarrohea, etc. :eek: Being 19 and having pimples sucks.

Working in sweaty enviironments is bad too. Im a glassworker, so its about 5-10 degress (celcius) hotter in the factory then the normal temperature, so we tend to sweat alot... Causing pimples on back or shoulders or chest.

But my regular routine usually keeps my face pretty clear when i keep it up.

And the seriousness in stephs post made me nearly pee my pants :D

Peace

9. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Pop 'em, then hop in the shower and do your daily proactive neuactive clearasil dermatologist recommended face scrub (exfoliants, so it's not soap) and then you should be good.

Have fun popping. :hyper: :D

AuG

10. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    ahahaha :D

11. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Best thing for getting rid of them....

Growing Up!! ;)

12. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ

Shower before you sleep and make sure your hair is clean. Oils and hair products will tend to accumulate on your pillow. Then you lay your face on it, and all that crap gets ground back into your skin. It's also not a bad idea to take a hot wash cloth to your face(within reason), let it sit there to open the pores. Then close them by wiping your face down with peroxide. So, clean hair, and claen pillow case will go a long way. That, and try to clean up your diet

13. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Be a man...

[​IMG]

Cut them off... show them who's a boss...

14. Hahahaha the picture sent that over the edge. Be a man. I recall something about stress causing them? Not sure if it's true, but it might explain why the appear at the "worst" times, before dances or a date etc, when you might be nervous. Or wear a paper bag over your head all day...

15. Get plenty of sleep, drink plenty of water, don't drink alcohol excessively, eat lots of fruit and veg. Sleep and water especially, I find. I should really start practicing what I preach...

16. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    When I was in 9th grade, I had horrible acne. Nothing helped it until I tried Accutane. That stuff worked like a charm. See if you're elligable to take it, but be sure that your doctor explains all the risks to you.

17. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    I've tried everything under the sun, it all helps but none of it works. The only "cure" is time. It sucks, but get used to it. :meh:

18. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    BTW has anyone tried

[​IMG]

White out?

That might work...

19. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I find fast food does not give me pimples. Chocolate and sugary foods definitely do.

20. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Is that the medicine that you take for five months to stop all pimple outbreaks that is also known for occasionally causing depression and suicidal thoughts?
    My friend took that.
    He's still alive.
    With many fewer pimples.
    That stuff can be dangerous; you gotta talk with your doctor about that and run a bunch of tests to see if you're eligible (like someone else said).
    Good Luck,
    -Alex