1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

pinch harmonics (steve bailey related)

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by EADGC, Mar 28, 2009.

1. EADGC

EADGC

Dec 29, 2008
    out of all the other pinch harmonic methods I've researched, heard or seen being used his seems like the most accessible, I've heard its a combination of middle finger and index finger, but thats just too vague to me.

I need a thorough step by step procedure on how this is going to be done, and what to look for starting out because I wont know from starters what is going to be ideal technique 'cause its probably going to take some work to get good at,

anyway, thanks.

2. Stickk

Stickk

Sep 2, 2008
    Jambi
    Personally I use my thumb and the nail of my index finder. You find a harmonic with your thumb (beyond the fretboard), and once you've found a "good" harmonic (lots of sustain), place your thumb there. Then dig your nail of the index finger on the string. Pull up with the index finger, and then very soon after, the thumb. Fret notes with the right hand (or left if you play lefty).

Hope that helps.

3. I think he uses his index and ring finger.

The index lays lightly on the string, and the ring plucks.