Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pino playing a Bongo!?!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Jun 15, 2004.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    So last Saturday or Sunday I was watching Channel 4 here in the UK and The Who were playing some sort of festival. I got all giddy thinking oooOOOooo i'm gonna hear pino with his lovely moon jazz bass and The Who :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

So as I was watching My Generation came on and the bass solo kicked in with a shot of Pinos fingers viewed from the bridge, I thought nothing of this as the bass was black as I expected of his moon. THEN........

The camera zoomed out and I saw the round bulbus body of a twim humbucker MM Bongo. My jaw hit the floor so hard you can still see the bruise today.

Does any one have any photo evidence to back my claim up because this is one hell of an advertisement for the bongo. I though it was good then I say Gail Ann Dorsey using one but man PINO!!!!!

I'm GASin like mad now. :hyper:

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Heh....we Bongo players are taking over the world, you know--one giant at a time. Tony Levin, Gail Ann Dorsey, and now Pino...

:ninja:

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Damn Tony Levin's got one as well.

Do they sell this bass with his chops as well cos if they do i'll take 3 please.

Hmm does this make pino the only famous bongo player with hair? :D

4. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Did you even see my post?Its basically the exact same thing

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Yep I saw your post right after I made this one.

Sorry

I have replied in your post as well if u have a look.

You are right that bongo sounded great but very different from John's tone but I suppose hes not using the same ampage as such.

Take care fellow pino fan :bassist:

6. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Ya man thanks I don't mean to sound like i'm pissed at ya