Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PJB Bigger Briefcase Coming?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by TGforPlywood, Nov 14, 2005.

1. TGforPlywood

TGforPlywood

Sep 29, 2005
    Ringwood, NJ
    Recently, while making an inquiry regarding the PJB Briefcase I accidentally substituted Suitcase for Briefcase and was told by PJB that the Suitcase isn't in production yet. I assume that this means that PJB will be producing a bigger more powerful version of the Briefcase. In case anyone was interested in knowing this.

2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Sure they weren't just jerking your chain? Poking fun at your mistake?

3. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Then they'll have the PJST model . . .

PJSteamer Trunk

4. macmrkt

macmrkt Banned

Dec 4, 2002
    If I remember correctly from a discussion with PJ a while back, it was to be at least double the power and 4-5" drivers. Was to be just under $1K.

5. TGforPlywood

TGforPlywood

Sep 29, 2005
    Ringwood, NJ
    I have to invest in an amp real soon and have been thinking seriously about the PJB. I wish they offered a smaller amp head than 500 watts. Also thinking of the SWR but have read too many stories of them burning out. Would like to stay within my budget of $600. so the AI is out of the question. I have a pretty loud bass and at this point the amps main purpose is as a monitor. Any sugs?

6. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
  7. TGforPlywood

TGforPlywood

Sep 29, 2005
    Ringwood, NJ
    Yeah, the PJB is 100W. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'd like to get a seperate head and speaker cab.

8. There is a photo of the new PJ Suitcase on the on the PJ website Here.

It looks good to me. I own a PJ Briefcase and have been hoping for something like this.