1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

PJB Bigger Briefcase Coming?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by TGforPlywood, Nov 14, 2005.

1. TGforPlywood

TGforPlywood

Sep 29, 2005
    Ringwood, NJ
    Recently, while making an inquiry regarding the PJB Briefcase I accidentally substituted Suitcase for Briefcase and was told by PJB that the Suitcase isn't in production yet. I assume that this means that PJB will be producing a bigger more powerful version of the Briefcase. In case anyone was interested in knowing this.

2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Sure they weren't just jerking your chain? Poking fun at your mistake?

3. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Then they'll have the PJST model . . .

PJSteamer Trunk

4. macmrkt

macmrkt Banned

Dec 4, 2002
    If I remember correctly from a discussion with PJ a while back, it was to be at least double the power and 4-5" drivers. Was to be just under $1K.

5. TGforPlywood

TGforPlywood

Sep 29, 2005
    Ringwood, NJ
    I have to invest in an amp real soon and have been thinking seriously about the PJB. I wish they offered a smaller amp head than 500 watts. Also thinking of the SWR but have read too many stories of them burning out. Would like to stay within my budget of $600. so the AI is out of the question. I have a pretty loud bass and at this point the amps main purpose is as a monitor. Any sugs?

6. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
  7. TGforPlywood

TGforPlywood

Sep 29, 2005
    Ringwood, NJ
    Yeah, the PJB is 100W. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'd like to get a seperate head and speaker cab.

8. There is a photo of the new PJ Suitcase on the on the PJ website Here.

It looks good to me. I own a PJ Briefcase and have been hoping for something like this.