1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

planning european tour

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by kristoffer, Aug 29, 2004.

1. kristoffer

kristoffer

Jul 8, 2004
    Sweden
    My band is thinking about touring a couple of European countries later this year / beginning of next year. We released our first CD here in Sweden this summer, but it's not easy to get gigs here. Especially if you don't play hellacopters/the hives/whatever-hyped-right now-kind-of music.

So if any of you europeans here at talkbass knows about any good clubs/bars/whatever in your country where we can come and play some happy pop-country, we would be really happy to get some contact info.

We have been in contact with a couple of clubs in poland, and we would really go to germany and maybe the netherlands too.

regards
    /kristoffer of the flaming moes

2. Yaw

Yaw

Feb 5, 2004
    Hey Kristoffer,

What kind of size are you thinking in then? I mean, I know of a couple of places where I can probably get you in the line-up, but these are fairly small. Also: what kind of audience are you aiming at? The happy pop-country does ring a bell here with college-people.

Griitinks frum Hollunt!

3. kristoffer

kristoffer

Jul 8, 2004
    Sweden
  4. mr e

mr e

Nov 17, 2003
    nyc
  5. kristoffer

kristoffer

Jul 8, 2004
    Sweden
    Thank you mr e! I'm sure I will find a couple of places of interest there.

/kristoffer

6. Yaw

Yaw

Feb 5, 2004
    Hey Kristoffer,

A couple of weeks ago I posted on this forum about this venue that was looking for your sound. Exactly.
    So what I'll do is that I will email the guy that's in charge there to see if he's interested in entertainment from Sweden.
    Maybe you can give me your email adress? Send it to sistayawa@zonnet.nl. With your permission I will send it to this guy if he's interested so you two can sort out things together. How does that sound?
    One thing I need to know is when your band is planning to head in this direction (rough sketch would be helpful).
    See you!

Yaw