Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

planning european tour

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by kristoffer, Aug 29, 2004.

1. kristoffer

kristoffer

Jul 8, 2004
    Sweden
    My band is thinking about touring a couple of European countries later this year / beginning of next year. We released our first CD here in Sweden this summer, but it's not easy to get gigs here. Especially if you don't play hellacopters/the hives/whatever-hyped-right now-kind-of music.

So if any of you europeans here at talkbass knows about any good clubs/bars/whatever in your country where we can come and play some happy pop-country, we would be really happy to get some contact info.

We have been in contact with a couple of clubs in poland, and we would really go to germany and maybe the netherlands too.

regards
    /kristoffer of the flaming moes

2. Yaw

Yaw

Feb 5, 2004
    Hey Kristoffer,

What kind of size are you thinking in then? I mean, I know of a couple of places where I can probably get you in the line-up, but these are fairly small. Also: what kind of audience are you aiming at? The happy pop-country does ring a bell here with college-people.

Griitinks frum Hollunt!

3. kristoffer

kristoffer

Jul 8, 2004
    Sweden
  4. mr e

mr e

Nov 17, 2003
    nyc
  5. kristoffer

kristoffer

Jul 8, 2004
    Sweden
    Thank you mr e! I'm sure I will find a couple of places of interest there.

/kristoffer

6. Yaw

Yaw

Feb 5, 2004
    Hey Kristoffer,

A couple of weeks ago I posted on this forum about this venue that was looking for your sound. Exactly.
    So what I'll do is that I will email the guy that's in charge there to see if he's interested in entertainment from Sweden.
    Maybe you can give me your email adress? Send it to sistayawa@zonnet.nl. With your permission I will send it to this guy if he's interested so you two can sort out things together. How does that sound?
    One thing I need to know is when your band is planning to head in this direction (rough sketch would be helpful).
    See you!

Yaw