Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Played this Sadowsky Today

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Dec 28, 2004.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Hello Friends

I had the privilage to vist the Sadowsky Shop in NY today and whille my Tokyo 5 was getting a tune up and and a new set of Sadowsky strings from Mike ( Thanks Mike, Good Job as allways) i was able to play on this bass http://sadowsky.com/stock/view/4068.html . All i can say is i really hope a Talk Basser will be able to own this instrument it is a fine example of the High Quality shown in a Sadowsky instrument. The bass is consistently warm with a big bottom end. With some adjustments with the Vintage tone control thier is alot of growl comming your way.Keep Rockin :bassist:

2. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    If I could afford one, it would look something like that with a PJ config and Alder/Rosewood. How much does that bass sell for? I'm almost afraid to ask, but the good thing is that they're normally priced out of my price range new. Some day...

3. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Since they have put it up on their Web site I've been wanting it bad. I have in on my computer desktop as wallpaper so I look at it all the time. I grew up on P/J basses and haven't had one for many years now and I would love to get another one. One thing, I am not much for pickgaurds, especially that color, but it looks amazing on the bass with the nice burst color and flame maple top. Love to get it but I just can't afford it. I inquired about the price but when I found out I thought, I can get a MTD 535 made to my specs for a few hundred less and I've been gassing for one of them for a long time now so that's what I'm going to do.

The person that gets that one will be one happy person.

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

5. MAJOR METAL

It has a great flame

6. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    why dost thou torment me so???!?!!

Yet another Sadowsky P/J post!!

should be getting my NYC P/J soon. Hopefully within the next month or two. Hopefully, being the key word. Was supposed to be December originally.

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I feel ya! The original ETA on my P5 was 6 months (December), now it's 7 or 8. I'm trying not to think about it.....

8. ^^^^

at least you guys will get your sadowsky soon

9. CJBassman

CJBassman

Dec 29, 2004
    I really like the look of the Sadowsky jazz's, they look kinda chunky and solid.
    The flame maple in the pic looks good but I always seem the prefer a nice quilted finish.

Chris

10. You were saying:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Yep.
    Major Metal is going to exorcise me.

12. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I also share a great lust for that particular Sadowsky PJ5. Funny thing, in the world of pickguards, the Tortoise PG on that Sadowsky PJ5 would be my first pick. I love a rich Tortoise Shell Guard. Tortoise is my favorite hands down! Go figure. JR Brown just posted a Sadowsky PJ5 in another thread that I loved as much or more than the Burst Flame PJ5 in this thread. They are both great. JR's was PJ5 in transparent white/Swamp Ash with a Maple board and it had a tortoise PG. Mama mia!

13. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I'm starting to become a fan of the tortise color pickguard myself.

14. RudeMood

RudeMood

Nov 7, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Tort guards look great with Olympic white too. However, I am partial to the mint green with my new burst MV5 - a classic look. I also like the undersized bodies - makes the neck look even wider.

15. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Major, how was the B string on that one? Any other comment about tone, construction, neck? I can't get my mind off of it!

16. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Pistol. just go for it. Just got home from a gig. Used my Sadowsky NYC 5 all night. Totally smokes. I've had it just over a year now and it is the best 5 I have owned. I have 2 Sadowsky 4's that I tend to use more often. My present gig just seems to call for a 4 string. I brought the 5 tonight. Man, what a deep, strong, clear jazz tone. I think the mass of the 5 string neck just gives it the little extra throb!!!!!
    I've never regretted any Sadowsky purchase. I've owned 12 all together. Wish I could have kept them all. Guess I'm just fickle. Love different styles and colors. The latest 3 are over the top, though. Love them all. Here are some pics of the 5.

Rob

17. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Rob,

Do you prefer the Ash/Maple or Alder/Rosewood? And can you share your experience if any regarding the differences between the Vintage JJ configuration versus the Modern (dual soapbars?) thanks!

18. MAJOR METAL

Rob

I tottaly agree, i think alot of the magic of the Sadowsky is in the neck tons of sustain and mass for that solid deep sound.