1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Players School of Music

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by squirtle, Aug 12, 2012.

1. squirtle

squirtle

Feb 11, 2010
    I took the one week intensive program at the players school last month. It was fantastic!! I've been playing for many years but only read a little bass clef. Jeff sat down with me and let me play a little. He then started me playing exercises that were appropriate for my skill level. He corrected most of many bad habits. He always reminded us to ask as many questions as we could come up with about anything in the field of music. I had five, hour long bass/reading lessons with Jeff. Three ensemble sessions with him leading, correcting, advising, and ALWAYS encouraging us. I also had daily sessions with the keyboard player Matt Bokulic. Matt introduced us to harmony theory and ear training. Another great learning experience came when we got to sit and watch the more advanced students during their ensemble sessions.
    What impressed me most about the Players School was the passion and enthusiasm of Jeff and Matt. It was obvious that they both loved teaching "the good stuff" as they called it and I am looking forward to a four week course as soon as I can arrange it.

2. Bass Mentor

Bass Mentor

Apr 30, 2012
    Nashville Tennessee
    endorsing artist: Lava Cable, E&O Mari, Rupert Neve Designs
    I've always been a huge fan of Jeff's and his educational concepts -- while he remains a controversial figure among bassists. I've admired many of his statements about music education......I especially like your comment about his encouragement to his students...Hallmark of a great teacher...

3. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    I like Jeff.
    Hats off to you MrBryant on being a career bassist.

4. Me too. I have met him, and had a workshop with him, plus seen him play in a band situation. I dont give a rats a*** what others think of him, to me he's the best there is.

5. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Gold Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    I did the one week intensive back in April. Jeff is the man! Highly recommended for everyone here if you can swing it.