1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Playing at the Nascar Awards with STING

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by TheBassWizard1, May 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hey guys,

Here’s a gig vlog I just posted from playing at NASCAR Awards in Las Vegas. Sting opened the awards show, and I played bass with the artist that closed the show:

This was a star-studded event that aired live on television and had legends like Michael Phelps and Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam in attendance. It was an incredible experience to say the least, so I wanted to share it with everyone to show what its like to get the opportunity to be a part of something like this and what is possible when you work hard and never give up on your dreams.

A lot of work went into shooting and editing this vlog, so I hope you guys enjoy it.

Versatek6, nixdad, zbigniew and 15 others like this.
  2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I can swim like Eddie Vedder and sing like Michael Phelps. :p (Oh, and congrats!) :D

nixdad and fretter like this.
  3. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Awesome gig report Wiz ... You remembered to get the food shots ... sweet! Oh! and Sting .. he was cool too. ;)

4. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Nice! I enjoyed the video a lot. Thanks for posting.

TheBassWizard1 likes this.
  5. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

Nice job on your mini-documentary. That's got to be the biggest, fanciest ballroom I've ever seen. I see you walked right by Gilley's (at Treasure Island). I'll be there again with the KRB in June.

You got that close to Sting's bass! Wow! :) Celebrities! Great digs! Very sweet gig.

Did you use the same back line as Sting? It looks like perhaps you guys just went all IEM. I kind of like doing that. It makes for a real quick and easy set up. ;)

Thanks for sharing your fun! It looks like you guys have a great time. Good for you. Live the dream! :D

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

6. Very, very cool experience! Great video too!

TheBassWizard1 likes this.
  7. Thank you! :)

8. BusyFingers

BusyFingers

Nov 26, 2016
    Cool

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 13, 2021