1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Playing bass for 1 year now, self taught

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by jdarctic, Nov 19, 2018.

1. jdarctic

jdarctic

Nov 19, 2018
    Hi, I started playing bass exactly a year ago. I bought a Swing (company name) bass, called Smash SB-1.
    I learned from the music App called Yousician. I'm playing one of the songs there in this video.

Oddly and G-Z like this.
  2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Welcome to TalkBass!!!!

I'll check out your video later. (Wife still asleep beside me. :D)

Where are you from? What kind of music do you like to play?

Any plans to join a band?

jdarctic likes this.
  3. jdarctic

jdarctic

Nov 19, 2018
    Thanks, I'm in Seoul, Korea. I'm coming via Boston, Austin, LA, Sydney and Tokyo... :p

I love rock and funk and blues. I don't have a band yet, but I perform solo on guitar and voice.

I'd love to join a band, so I'm learning several instruments. I'm really really enjoying bass just now. :)

two fingers likes this.
  4. Welcome to the bottom end. Yes to playing with others, it will force you to learn more. In this case more is good.

Happy trails.